The European Parliament Working Group contributes to the enhancement of the European Parliament’s action on human rights and democracy matters and supports the EU role as a global actor on these issues, through engagement with the Subcommittee on Human Rights (DROI) and the Committee on Foreign Affairs (AFET), the Human Rights Action Unit and through interaction with the EP Friends of Human Rights group of MEPs.
Gisela Castro Isern
Delegate to the EU
- Assessing the European Parliament’s action on human rights and democracy: One year on (Free and Fair Europe Campaign, July 2020)
- Letter to MEPs on response to COVID-19 crisis (May 2020)
- How to make the European Parliament a more visible, consistent and coherent actor in defending human rights and democracy worldwide (June 2019)
- European Parliament: A more consistent and coherent approach on human rights is needed (January 2012)
- HRDN – An Ambitious EU Human Rights Strategy Needs To Be Delivered (October 2011)